multiple instances for a table of content (toc)

I want a table of content for a specific page to show up (and the titles being clickable to the corresponding paragraph) on another page.

I was hoping I could copy the source of the tabel of content to another page, but since the source is only

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="toc"/>

this is not much use on any other page than the page that contains the information.

Anyone who knows a trick to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

Well, for the time being I'll use the Exerpt-Include + additional link to original page with an instruction for the users to click on this link and not on the links that are generated by the toc.

I figured out a trick for you.

Wrap the Table of contents on the original page in an Excerpt Macro. Then use the Excerpt Include macro to include it on the other page. You probably want to check the Remove Surrounding Panel checkbox on the Excerpt Include

Thanks, that does part of the trick. The toc now shows up on the page where I want it to be visible as well. Only the links don't work anymore. The links refer to the same page where the Excerpt Include is on.

For example:

this is the page where the original toc is on:

/pages/page_with_content

this is the page where the Exerpt Include is on:

/pages/page_with_exerpt_include

the links in the toc in the exerpt include refer to:

/pages/page_with_exerpt_include#heading1

the links should refer to

/pages/page_with_content#heading1

Oh. I thought I was so clever :(

I can't think of anything else.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

100 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you