multiple instances for a table of content (toc)

Marco Verschelling July 1, 2014

I want a table of content for a specific page to show up (and the titles being clickable to the corresponding paragraph) on another page.

I was hoping I could copy the source of the tabel of content to another page, but since the source is only

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="toc"/>

this is not much use on any other page than the page that contains the information.

Anyone who knows a trick to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Verschelling July 2, 2014

Well, for the time being I'll use the Exerpt-Include + additional link to original page with an instruction for the users to click on this link and not on the links that are generated by the toc.

0 votes
Don Willis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2014

I figured out a trick for you.

Wrap the Table of contents on the original page in an Excerpt Macro. Then use the Excerpt Include macro to include it on the other page. You probably want to check the Remove Surrounding Panel checkbox on the Excerpt Include

Marco Verschelling July 2, 2014

Thanks, that does part of the trick. The toc now shows up on the page where I want it to be visible as well. Only the links don't work anymore. The links refer to the same page where the Excerpt Include is on.

For example:

this is the page where the original toc is on:

/pages/page_with_content

this is the page where the Exerpt Include is on:

/pages/page_with_exerpt_include

the links in the toc in the exerpt include refer to:

/pages/page_with_exerpt_include#heading1

the links should refer to

/pages/page_with_content#heading1

Don Willis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2014

Oh. I thought I was so clever :(

I can't think of anything else.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events