mp4 sound but no image

Дмитрий Пересекин March 26, 2021

20 MP4 files with video are uploaded to the page, all files except one are started as video and audio goes, but one MP4 200MB file is only one audio recording but no video.
The file through the player normally opens both video and audio.
For what reason could this be?
The problem is in the file itself and if so what is wrong?

Confluence Server 6.7.3

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Dear @Дмитрий Пересекин ,

there are so many video file formats (codecs plus containers) out there, that nobody can count them. I recommend to download a working and the non-working video. Use on linux the command 'file' to identify what it is. You could also take mplayer or ffmpeg to get more details. This tools will tell you what's inside. 

Its mostly a browser problem, when videos do not play. Have a look at this page to verify your browser. Confluence is just the host.

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Dear @Дмитрий Пересекин ,

was my answer useful? Then I would be happy when you click on the "green accept answer" button.

So long
Thomas

0 votes
Duncan Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2022

I couldn't figure this one out as my videos seemed to be browser compatible.

So I used the free video converter Handbrake to take my mp4 videos and output videos in .m4v format that Confluence and my browser was fine with.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events