Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Does anyone know if there's an app for Confluence that would allow the creation of pages that work like Monday.com boards?  We're looking into moving away from Monday, if possible, now that we're switching to Jira and Confluence for project management. 

I know there's an app that can embed Monday boards into Confluence pages, but we'd like to ditch Monday completely.  Thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @Donna Hawkins

Did you move from Monday yet, and did you find an alternative? I just came across your question, and I think our app Orderly Databases for Confluence will be a good fit for you to create a comparable experience for your teams and users. There's the usual free trial available, and it's permanently free for smaller teams, so you can try it out and see if it works for you.

You create a table/database by setting up your columns with different field types (users, dates, text, number, select lists, links to other Orderly databases, etc.) and fill it with your data.

You then use macros to display, edit, filter, and sort the dynamic tables and their data on any Confluence page. Changes will reflect everywhere. You can also choose between different visualizations like a table, card, or board view. More views are in the works! :) 

I attached two screenshots for you to get a first impression.

Page+Status+Short.gif

board.gif

Let me know if you have any questions about how you could switch your data from Monday to Confluence with it.

Best, Max

Hi Max - I appreciate your response. I took a look at the app, but unfortunately (unless I'm wrong) it doesn't allow number fields.  I need something more like Monday to keep track of things like client invoicing -- and something that allows simple formulas and the ability to create if/then automations like the General Caster app that works with Monday.

I know . . . a lot to ask . . . I haven't been able to find anything yet.

Donna

Hi Donna, thank you for your response! Orderly offers a Number field with format presets for standard formats and the ability to define custom formats. But you're right about formulas. We have planned to add it to Orderly, and it is in our backlog. Here's a screenshot where you can find the number field in the tool when setting up everything:

orderly_number_fiekd.png

We maintain a public roadmap in our documentation so you can see what we're currently working on. If you decide to try it out, it would be amazing to hear about your use cases, what you think about Orderly, and what you're missing to switch to Confluence successfully. :) You can reach out to us anytime in our help center.

Best, Max

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Donna Hawkins 

Welcome to the community!!

I would suggest moving the Monday.com boards to Jira rather than Confluence.

The reason for this is, Jira provides features which are aligned to the feature set of Monday.com like workflows, tracking etc. Also, you can set up an integration between Jira and Monday.com which will help you migrate the issues as well.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps.

Regards,

--GG

Thanks for the response @gaurav.  The problem is that the monday boards I'm referring to contain static information such as work order details, invoicing details, and a huge assortment of other types of info.  Some of the boards include automations and alerts.  None of these boards involve projects with timelines, so I don't understand how to use Jira for this type of static info.  There's no "progress" to track, etc.

Hi @Donna Hawkins 

Could you add a screenshot or sample sketch of what you have in mind? I would tend to agree with the suggestion from @Gaurav but it might be clearer if we can see what you are trying to reproduce/create.

As far suggestions for Confluence, you mention static information, so would creating one page per client/supplier work? You can display information from multiple pages (so multiple clients or supplies) with different Confluence macros, in particular the page properties macro, in order to reproduce the dashboard like experience of Monday.

Like # people like this

Laura -- I'm so sorry I never responded and thanked you!  I had to turn my attention completely away from all this until now.  I think I might be able to make your suggestions work.  Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events