migrating old calendars to team calendars

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2012

Hi,

We want to install team calendars (got the license and al) and we are also mentally prepared to do the migration as

documented on http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Licensing+and+Installing+Team+Calendars

We have about 11 different pages with the old calendar on, and on each calendar page, we have on average 8 calendars.

So, I can download the 88 ICS files, but when I enable the team calendar plugin, I can only create a calendar from

my own user menu, while these 88 calendars have been created by multiple people.

How should we deal with this. Can I create these 88 calendars in my user account, what is the impact for the other

users ?

Francis.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Bell April 24, 2013

I know this is an old thread but to handle the hundreds of calendar reimports after our last Confluence upgrade we used the Confluence SU plugin. This allows us to perform the import as the original owner. Saves us from having to deal with ownership issues and we don't fill up our own personal calendars with other people's events.

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2012

Even though you are the owner of the calendars, you can still share the calendars and set view/edit restrictions for each.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events