Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate h2 to sql server

shaunjay brown October 17, 2016

how to migrate from h2 to an external database (SQL Server 2012)

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

Export it to xml with the system backup tool, hook up the new database and restore the xml.

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

As descriptive as your answer is, i thought I would elaborate on it. The sequence of events is as follows

1) login to admin console and back up the database (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/backing-up-data-861253815.html)

2) use config program to flip the DB to sql (you need to create a user on the database and create a blank database, and install sql if you dont already have a database you want to use) Also remember to turn on TCP/IP services for the database in sql server configuration manager, so that it can actually talk to the network ( https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/2cdcab2e-ea49-4fd5-b2b8-13824ab4619b/help-server-not-listening-on-1433?forum=sqlsetupandupgrade ). I couldnt get an AD user to work so i just made a local sql authenticated user.

*make sure you set the collation of the database to Latin1_General_CI_AI (by default in sql express 2016 is Latin1_General_CI_AS (note the S)) , and set " Is_Read_committed_snapshot_on" to TRUE (under options when you create the database)

3) Reboot the server, or restart the jira service. Otherwise you will get database connection errors.

4) When you browse to your jira URL it will go through a "jira is starting up" process, which acts like a brand new server.

5) wehn it comes time to put server name and stuff in, click "import data" at the top and you will presented with another screen which asks you for the file to import. However this file must be located in the ./import directory on the server. So you need to move it from the ./export directory from step 1.

6) all done!

1 vote
JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

As descriptive as your answer is, i thought I would elaborate on it. The sequence of events is as follows

1) login to admin console and back up the database (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/backing-up-data-861253815.html)

2) use config program to flip the DB to sql (you need to create a user on the database and create a blank database, and install sql if you dont already have a database you want to use) Also remember to turn on TCP/IP services for the database in sql server configuration manager, so that it can actually talk to the network ( https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/2cdcab2e-ea49-4fd5-b2b8-13824ab4619b/help-server-not-listening-on-1433?forum=sqlsetupandupgrade ). I couldnt get an AD user to work so i just made a local sql authenticated user.

*make sure you set the collation of the database to Latin1_General_CI_AI (by default in sql express 2016 is Latin1_General_CI_AS (note the S)) , and set " Is_Read_committed_snapshot_on" to TRUE (under options when you create the database)

3) Reboot the server, or restart the jira service. Otherwise you will get database connection errors.

4) When you browse to your jira URL it will go through a "jira is starting up" process, which acts like a brand new server.

5) wehn it comes time to put server name and stuff in, click "import data" at the top and you will presented with another screen which asks you for the file to import. However this file must be located in the ./import directory on the server. So you need to move it from the ./export directory from step 1.

6) all done!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events