migrate from Confluence 5.4.4 to Confluence 6.6.12

Sergei Cherevko March 22, 2019

Hi! How can i do this?

I have very big attachments (30GB)

there is no problem with big difference in versions (5.4 and 6.6)?

2 answers

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Hm,

I'm pretty sure that you should first upgrade to the lastest 5.x release (5.10.x) & after this migration do another migration to 6.6.12.

You want to migrate, correct? Not moving to a new server, right?

Best

JP

Sergei Cherevko March 25, 2019

@JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_ @Charlie Misonne 

I want moving on new server with new confluence. Now i have old confluence (5.4.4) i create backup daily (dump postgres DB with command "pgdump" and copy attache to folder)

Can i restore my old dump and attaches with NEW confluence on other new server?

I have error, when i use button "backup" in the "confluence admin - backup and restore"  

Error:

The following error(s) occurred:

com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Couldn't backup database data. at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.backupEntities(AbstractXmlExporter.java:239) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.backupEverything(AbstractXmlExporter.java:104) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.FileXmlExporter.backupEverything(FileXmlExporter.java:94) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.doExport(AbstractXmlExporter.java:97) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.FileXmlExporter.doExport(FileXmlExporter.java:53) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.DefaultImportExportManager.exportAs(DefaultImportExportManager.java:120) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.ja

com.atlassian.hibernate.extras.XMLDatabinder.writeObjects(XMLDatabinder.java:190) at com.atlassian.hibernate.extras.XMLDatabinder.toGenericXML(XMLDatabinder.java:169) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AtlassianXMLDatabinder.toGenericXML(AtlassianXMLDatabinder.java:40) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.backupEntities(AbstractXmlExporter.java:233) ... 279 more Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: More than one row with the given identifier was found: 2883588, for class: com.atlassian.confluence.pages.Attachment at net.sf.hibernate.loader.EntityLoader.load(EntityLoader.java:71) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.EntityLoader.load(EntityLoader.java:51) at net.sf.hibernate.persister.EntityPersister.load(EntityPersister.java:413) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.doLoad(SessionImpl.java:2146) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.doLoadByClass(SessionImpl.java:2043) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.get(SessionImpl.java:1952) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.get(SessionImpl.java:2090) at bucket.core.persistence.hibernate.schema.TransientHibernateHandle.get(TransientHibernateHandle.java:89) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.HibernateObjectHandleTranslator.handleToObject(HibernateObjectHandleTranslator.java:60) ... 283 more

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2019

Is the target Confluence emtpy?

In that case I would recommend upgrading the 5.4.4 version to 6.6.12 first. After that you can move all your attachments to the new version and copy the database.

If the target is not empty you could create an xml backup of your instance and import each space separately following the restoring a space documentation.

Do this on a test environment first.

Sergei Cherevko March 22, 2019

Yes, it's empty

I may create backup without attachments and after that copy it to special directory on new confluence server?

I'm not sure about upgrading existing version confluence

You not sure about comparability backups files?

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

I prefer migrating between the same versions but according to the documentation it should work from 5.4.4 to 6.6.12.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf66/upgrading-confluence-943962880.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events