Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@ mentions no longer work, error in browser console

Mo Salti July 20, 2020

I'm trying to @mention other users in my confluence document, but when I type @ I don't get a popup and I get an error in the console. This worked last week, and I've been told there haven't been any changes to my user preferences/permissions.

I get the below error in the console when I type in @[deleted] "The requesting user does not have USER_PICKER search permission in Jira"

I'm admin in the particular space, and we don't use Jira, just confluence. This appears to be impact one other user that I know of, so not isolated to my user account.

Annotation 2020-07-20 153149.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

Hello @Mo Salti !

As I understand, you had some problems while using the mention feature in Confluence.

I see that it has been a few days since you asked the question. With this in mind I have a couple of questions about your current situation:

1. Is the behavior still present?
  2. Were you able at any point in the past to use it?
  3. Even though you and your team do not use Jira, do you have a Jira site?

We had some problems with specific services within Confluence just the other day and I want to check if your situation is connected to it. You can check our incident history here:

Let us hear from you!

Mo Salti July 23, 2020

Hi @Diego thanks for responding, yes this has now fixed itself. -Mo

Like Diego likes this
Jhanger Gul October 21, 2020

@Diego the given link is broken it's just taking to the Atlassian status site.

I am still facing this issue and it's happening with only new peoples. They are taggable and can browse other users in JIRA, but in confluence, these specific users are not taggable or even they can't browse other users.

Looking forward to the help.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events