@mention for guest users

Katrijn September 8, 2023

Hi,

We experienced that we ALWAYS have to mention a guest user in order for them to receive an email notification. Apparently it's not enough to make them a space or page watcher.

Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong?

Regards, Katrijn

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2023
Katrijn September 11, 2023

Hi Alex, thank you for your input, which was very interesting. However, the article doesn't say anything about the need to mention a guest or not. Do you have a clue?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2023

@Katrijn they should be able to get notifications if they watch the page. Don't think that you have to mention them. Can you verify that the guests users are watching the page/space?

Katrijn September 11, 2023

Yes, I can confirm they've been added as watchers, but that they don't receive the email notification if they're not mentionned.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2023

@Katrijn indeed, I can confirm that guests do not receive notifications for page updates, which kind of seems like a bug to me. Try to report it at support.atlassian.com/contact

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events