meeting notes action item restriction

yl1321567 October 27, 2016
  1. I've created a meeting notes page with action items for my 1:1 with my manager. the page is inheriting restrictions from its parent, where only me and the manager can view and edit.
  2. however, wen i go the meeting notes space shortcut which is a general access page, it lists also the the action items from the restricted page.
  3. I was expecting the action items from the restricted meeting notes page not to appear. re they shown only to me? if shown to all, how can i make sure they will not appear?

2 answers

1 vote
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2016

good question ... I am interested in the answer too

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2016

The Confluence permission system dynamically determines what a user can see on any given pages, based on their permissions and privileges. This includes the results of macros that show items from other pages.

The action items that you can see should only be visible to you (and your manager) because you have view permissions for the page on which those items are shown.  For your own piece of mind you could ask your manager to remove View permissions from your 1:1 notes page, and then check the general access page - you shouldn't be able to see the items. When your manager gives you View permissions back again, you will.

In fact, I'd recommend you do this for your piece of mind.  I'd want to be certain my 1:1 actions were private smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events