$math tool not working in confluence 7.8

Constantine Samaklis October 24, 2020

I have a Velocity template that uses $math.toInteger() function e.g. $math.toInteger($item.FLow) that has stopped working since I upgraded to version 7.8

Anyone had a similar issue or knows of an alternative?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2020

Hi @Constantine Samaklis ,

We have an app that works with the Jira Issues macro and helps to aggregate&visualize your Jira data (calculate story points, create Burndown charts, etc.) - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

Here is an example how to calculate velocity right in Confluence with the macros provided by the app.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Ganesh Gautam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

Hi @Constantine Samaklis 

There has been some work on making velocity engine instance more secure from RCEs in recent times, please refer to the list of packages and classes in WEB-INF/classes/velocity.properties which are blocked from being used in a VM file. I suspect it could be one of $item or $item.Flow. Also, can you please confirm which class is set in $math?

Thanks, 
Ganesh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events