macros in wiki markup

Ferenc Szecsi June 12, 2017

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Confluence version 6.1.1 

In the previous version (5.9.5) i was able to add macros in wiki markup, for not it says unknown macro for all that i've tried with

Tried other macros too, but none seem to work now.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Ferenc Szecsi June 13, 2017

Yes, macros were working fine before the upgrade.

I have tried this workaround with metadata and i can confirm it works.

However i am still unable to add page-info macro e.g. It says unkown macro, but i have "Page Info for Scriptrunner Confluence" add-on installed.

I understand it changed, as Scriptrunner was not required before to use page-info.

I don't see page-info listed here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/macros-139387.html

Is this something that can't be added anymore?

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

"Unknown macro" frequently means a plugin is disabled that the macro relies on. Do the macros appear as expected on pages that already had them before the upgrade?

When I tried pasting the wiki markup for the User List Macro the editor did not convert it enough to report "unknown macro". It just displayed the markup as text. I was able to insert the markup and have the macro appear in the editor when I used the Plus sign drropdown option > Markup.

I got that workaround from this bug report:

Pasting wiki markup into editor pane fails to convert

Our documentation is a little confusing because this page says the editor will convert your markup: Confluence Wiki Markup . But the pages that provide the markup for the macros mention that it's for use "when you want to add a macro outside the editor, for example as custom content in the sidebar, header or footer of a space."

I will look into the matter and find out what the expected behavior really is.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

PS - I just tried typing instead of pasting and the editor converted the markup. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events