macro to create a simple url link

Robyn Skaling May 1, 2014

Hi, I am new to creating macros so I am sure this will be childs' play for most of you. A collegaue mentioned that she believes you can use a confluence macro to basically alias a url link. After spending hours reading online I still have not found anything related and I am just wasting time for what I suspect is something so quick and simple.

We basically want to create a macro to link to our svn repository and another macro to link to a file path on a shared network drive. We have a reoccuring problem of servers changing addresses and we can't keep changing the hardcoded links on each page in every space. We believe by using a macro this will provide a way to change the new server addresses in one easy location.

In the case of the file path macro, text will need to be appended to the end of the file path such that references can be made to specific directories on the shared network, so I assume it needs to take in a string parameter, that's about as far as I got.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events