login as domain user

Bahman Sharzad August 6, 2020

i have confluence 7.4 on ubuntu server 20.

i start confluence service as confluence user. 

i can see all my ldap user under people.

i can't login as other users. i gave open permission for all in confluence hoem and data

(gave 777 to /confluence and /var/atlassian/...) 

when i start service confluence i have error :

runuser[4286]: pam_unix(runuser:session): session closed for user confluence

i try to start from command line bin/start-confluence.sh  the result is the same i can't login aas other user. ONLY ADMIN.

Is this cornflex working correct for someone?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2020

Hello @Bahman Sharzad !

As I understand, you need to login to Confluence with users from an external user directory.

For users to be able to login to Confluence we need to give them the correct permissions within Confluence itself. You can check our documentation about it here:

If you need more insight into the connection between your LDAP, these documents may prove useful:

The error pam_unix(runuser:session): session closed for user confluence could mean a number of things. You can check if something is written into the Confluence logs. Here is more information on how to work with Confluence logs:

Something I need to point out is that giving full access to Confluence folders to users (the 777) is usually taken as not ideal. Here is our documentation on the recommended settings:

Dishing out chmod 777 gives full control of the folders to everyone who uses the system, leaving a door wide open into your system.

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events