linking to certain parts of pages

Lehmann, Kirsten March 4, 2021

I created a glossary and I have to link the individual terms to the relating parts within pages of documentation. I already realized that with the new editor, I don’t have the anchors anymore so I have to find a workaround.

I tried marking the words within the documentation pages with a header (e.g. header 5). That way I get an address I can link to. Problem: The header has a different typeface than the normal text. Unfortunately, not only one single word is being marked with the header, but the whole sentence. It just doesn’t look very professional at all.

Any suggestions how to mark only one single word with the header?

I also tried inserting a little white image, because images also create an address I could link to.

Problem here: The image creates so much space around itself (also when using the embedding options) that it looks horrible. Consequently this idea also proved to be a dead end.

Any creative suggestions are very much appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
Khawla Issaoui Creativas
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 8, 2021
Lehmann, Kirsten March 8, 2021

Hi, 

that may really be an option. I'll have to check, if I get the add on. Thanks!

Otherwise I wait for the progress of this: [CONFCLOUD-69198] Allow Anchors to be specified anywhere in a page - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2021
Lehmann, Kirsten March 8, 2021

Hi, 

thanks for your reply, but unfortunately not. In the first link my problem is being displayed in the yellow box at the very bottom. And the second link refers (I believe) to the old editor, since my insert links option looks way different. I don't have the option for an advanced link. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events