libjli.so issue in confluence installation

Omid Marxen March 7, 2017

Following this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/installing-confluence-on-linux-143556824.html

I get the following issue with step 2.2 ($ sudo ./atlassian-confluence-X.X.X-x64.bin) :

Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
/.../confluence/atlassian-confluence-6.0.6-x64.bin.14497.dir/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libjli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I couldn't find anything either in the knowledge base nor in the forum.

8 answers

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2017

So basically you doft get real sudo. Sorry to hear hope you can host it somewhere eller. 

Br, Niclas 

0 votes
Omid Marxen March 18, 2017

According to the server hoster, Confluence can not be installed due to missing privileges, which can not be changed.

Ankineedu Garlapati November 13, 2023

Hi Omid, I am also getting the same error while upgrading the confluence version, May I know the solution to fix the issue?

Omid Marxen November 27, 2023

Hi, unfortunately I did not find solution.

Ankineedu Garlapati November 27, 2023

Same here, I did upgrade manually. It is not too complicated.

0 votes
Omid Marxen March 8, 2017

I checked for Java via $JAVA_HOME but I got no result. I checked manually in /usr/lib/ and there is also no trace of Java.

If all that seems ok, I will contact the server host, maybe they will know more.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

This should work I tried your setup locally on my server. Must be something non-standard with your server setup. Tricky... Do you have anything that could interfere with extraction of the files or so? Something in your PATH/installed already OpenJDK for example?

0 votes

Hi,

I put the installer in a folder called "confluence". these are the commands I use:

cd confluence
sudo chmod a+x atlassian-confluence-6.0.5-x64.bin
sudo ./atlassian-confluence-6.0.5-x64.bin

Elevating myself to su does not work, due to server restrictions.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2017

If you have the installer in /tmp and stand in /tmp and execute the installation.

cd /tmp/
sudo ./atlassian-confluence-X.X.X-x64.bin

Can you evaluate yourself to root? "sudo su -". Do you run into the same issues?

0 votes

Hi,

I could not find confluence 6.5, I tried 6.0.5 though but it has the same issue. Do I perhaps need to install java manually despite using the installer?

What do you mean by "Did you stand in the same path as the installer?" ?

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2017

Hi Omid did you try 6.5 if you experienced the same issue? Did you stand in the same path as the installer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events