large Excel spreadsheet

Can you please help me I want to upload a very large Excel spreadsheet what I want to share with viewers on the Confluence Wiki. I want users to be able to scroll around in the spreadsheet and still be able to see the Column and Row Headings. If you create a table in Excel it also gives you the ability to use pre-formatted tables that have colored cells and boldened fonts and alternating row coloring for easier reading. I want to be able to keep all of the previously described formatting in the web version of my spreadsheet

2 answers

Caralene,

Does your spreadsheet have to be a proper wiki page? If not I'd advise using the Excel plugin instead.

This embeds the spreadsheet which can then be seen as it was originally formatted. You can also edit it if you are using either IE or Firefox.

Cheers.

I had the problem of managing big amounts of data in Confluence and I've built a tool for enterprise spreadsheets in Confluence. You can edit columns and cells within the page, but in the back-end, it's a SQL database, so you can store millions of rows and still have optimal performance. For that purpose, Play SQL also supports pagination, auto-filters, caching and timeouts.

You mention colored cells and boldened fonts: Play SQL doesn't support it yet, but you can use Markdown to format your cell contents or you can put icons on them.

Editable with totals.png

See: Play SQL Spreadsheets for Confluence.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,098 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you