jira macro caching issue

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

I have a Confluence connected to a JIRA and Application links looks fine.

The JIRA Macro has Cache turned off, but still it is random what I do see in the Macro, mosly

JIRA Issues (0 issues)

But somethis it correctly - shows the issues. Clicking the JIRA Issues links always brings me to the JIRA showing the correct items.

The 2 instances does not have common userbase, but the username/passwords are the same.

Why does this seemeed cached still. I am pretty sure the "problem" lies on the Confluence side, not JIRA.

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

Hi, you can go to Confluence->Browse->Confluence Admin->Cache Statistics to see what is being cached.

There is an item called "JIRA Issues". If you click on Display: Advanced, you can edit this cache as well. If you want all JIRA Issues Macro to not be cached, simply set this to 0.

Also, if you want to change things like expiry time etc advanced features, use the ehcache.xml in Confluence.

Johannes December 13, 2019

Hello @Harry Chan5, hello @B_ Normann P_ Nielsen,

have you found a solution for the recent Jira / Confluence versions? We are using Confluence 6.13.8 and Jira v8.5.0 and this seems to not work anymore.

The GUI simply does not allow a value below 1.

I tried to set the value manually to 0 in the created cache-settings-overrides.properties and restarted the server. It still doesn't work.

Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2019

Use

<ac:parameter ac:name="cache">false</ac:parameter>

Its not a GUI options, so the page source need to be edited  use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215664/source-editor-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

So the complete macro is like:

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="jira">
<ac:parameter ac:name="columns">Summary,key,Reporter</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="server">Netic JIRA</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="maximumIssues">1000</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="cache">false</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="serverId">1b92b7a9-e280-3ff3-9ef9-1d9585f4e0cb</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="jqlQuery">status not in (Resolved,Closed,Frozen)</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>

Try setitng in a few JIRA Macros in a page, save, edit and investigate them via the Source Editor

Like Johannes likes this
Johannes December 13, 2019

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events