jira core & confluence install in synology DSM6.1

achic Go May 24, 2018

Hello this is gichang

first 

Thanks to the ATLASSIAN developers for helping me to do my job quickly and conveniently.

At first I was using it in my company, I take a lot of help too

so, i want to using personal (because, my company intranet doesn't connect out of company)

and I had synology nas DS216+II (RAM 8GB), i succeeded in setting up confluence via docker

but i want install via "https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-on-linux-938846841.html"

Q1. Is it possible

and i want install jira and confluence

Q2. What is good condition about (install first jira and second confluence) or 

(install first confluence and second jira)

thanks for ATLASSIAN

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2018

You can certainly install Jira following that guide.  However I don't think I would recommend installing Jira in the same docker container that Confluence is running.  It is possible to install both applications to the same server or docker.  However I get a bit more wary about adding things to an existing docker instance.  I'm not really a fan of using Docker to do a Jira installation as it tends to take out some implementation decisions that I think administrator should make for themselves rather than just take someone else's image and use that.   However if you still want to use Jira in a docker, I'd recommend Alexey's article on how to do that: How to run Jira in a docker container

As for question #2:  We tend to recommend that you install Jira first when you know you are going to be using both applications.  The reason for this is that Jira Server can be used as a User management server for other Atlassian applications like Confluence, Fisheye, Bitbucket, etc.  Please see Allowing connections to Jira for user management for details.

If you intend to have a shared user base between these applications, you probably don't want to have to create the user accounts separately for each user in both applications.  If you are using Crowd or connecting each application to an LDAP server, then in those cases, the order in which you install them does not really matter as much.

But since Jira has this ability, and Confluence does not, it can help administrators manage their users better and save them time and effort.

achic Go May 25, 2018

first, thank you for your fast&kind answer.

I was passing you the missing information.

Among my questions " i succeeded in setting up confluence via docker, but i want install via 'jira install guide link' " 

As a supplement to the above, 

1. i succeeded in setting up confluence via docker

2. but i want formal install via 'jira install guide'

3. so now, I formatted my computer.(doesn't have confluence on docker)

I have more Question

Q1. What is good condition about

1. install via "https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-on-linux-938846841.html".

2. install via docker.image.png

(i guess 1. because your first answer. But I want to know for sure.)

Q2.  Is Confluence installation the same with Q1?

Q3. when choose the database after install jira core & confluence.

Synology DSM(DiskStation Manager) support MariaDB. but i know confluence wiil not work on MariaDB.image.png

(some people install MariaDB Bypass route, but i want install as Atlassian wants)

Can you recommend the correct installation method for my environment? (Please ㅠ)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events