java.lang.ClassNotFoundException Despite Driver In Web-Inf\Lib Directory

Deleted user September 12, 2017

Fresh install of Confluence on Win Server 2012 R2, trying to connect to Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 on a different host. I have placed the ojdbc7.jar file in the <installdir>\confluence\WEB-INF\Lib directory and no luck, I get the classic

'Problem connecting to your database
com.atlassian.config.bootstrap.BootstrapException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver'

error. I have also tried the ojdbc8.jar and ojdbc7-12.1.0.1.jar drivers as well.

I have also tried putting these in <installdir>\confluence\Lib as well.

I am out of patience... help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

You were on the right track adding the ojdbc8.jar file to the <installation-directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib directory. Based on this, I assume you saw the instructions on this page: Database JDBC Drivers

The only reason I can think of why the setup wizard is complaining that the driver cannot be found, is file system permissions. Does the user account you are installing with have access to the folder, <installation-directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib? Maybe the permissions on the driver file are different because it was copied into the folder later, so please check the permissions on the file as well as the folder.

Deleted user September 12, 2017

Ann, I did check the permissions but after reading your post I went back and unchecked the read-only attributes as well for the directory. I also rebooted for good measure and it worked. Thanks for making me re-look at that.

Interesting to note is that when I did that I moved the ojdbc8.jar file to the directory based on your feedback and when I opened IE to configure it threw an ugly exception saying it could not find the ojdbc7-12.1.0.1.jar file. So it must save that as a config parameter somewhere? When I put the ojdbc7-12.1.0.1.jar file back and removed the ojdbc8.jar and restarted IE, everything worked.

Thanks for the response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events