Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jQuery version

Māris Bahtins March 2, 2018

Hello, 

Could you please tell me what jquery version use Confluence server 6.2.1 and 6.7.1?

Thanks in advance!

-Maris

3 answers

3 votes
rulebot September 18, 2019

Hi,

here's some Javascript-code that can be pasted in your browser console to display the currently running jQuery's version number:

// Alert the currently running jQuery-Version if jQuery was initialized.
if (typeof jQuery != 'undefined') { 
    alert(jQuery.fn.jquery);
}

Hopefully, this will save others some time.

0 votes
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hey Maris,

I came across your question after I worked on your ticket for the same question.

To make the answer available to others that might look for it, I will put the same answer I gave you over the ticket.

Confluence uses custom jQuery version 1.7.2.1-confluence-custom-m03 library. The version is customised and there is no official statement on plans to update it. If there are specific security vulnerabilities associated with jQuery or other components like bundled Java, these are reviewed individually by the security team, addressed and details about fixes become available in our public bug tracking site. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Igor

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2018
Māris Bahtins March 2, 2018

Hey Thomas, 

It seems this is not what i am looking for. So my story is at the moment i am using Confluence 5.8.5 which has jquery 1.7.2 and i can see that jquery version is vulnerable and can cause a lot of damage. Soon i am planning to upgrade my Confluence, and  i am just looking what jquery version they use.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2018

I've just tested that script with my Confluence 6.7.0 (I don't have 6.7.1 yet) and there JQuery 1.7.2 is still used.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events