is true collaborative editing available in the cloud edition like google docs?

Kieran Donnelly January 7, 2021

This page (server?) indicates one can do google docs style editing i.e. clear indication of other users making changes. This does not appear to be available in the cloud edition.

Yes, I can edit a page and see other users making changes in real-time but not in the manner as described here. I must be in edit mode also.

What am i missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

What do you mean "not in the manner described"?  (That is a server doc, not a cloud one, and the editors in them are now quite different)

You can see other people editing in real time, and when you save the page, you save all of it, what do you think is missing from the collaborative part of that?

Kieran Donnelly January 7, 2021

I worded this awkwardly. 

With a google doc, it opens up by default in edit or suggesting mode, i can immediately see changes being made in real-time. A colored cursor indicates who and what is changing.

In my test with confluence, when both users opened a page in edit mode, i don't believe we noticed any colored cursor actions around real-time changes from each user. Would that be the difference between server and cloud editors or did I test this incorrectly?!

Kieran Donnelly January 8, 2021

Retested. It works as described in the service doc I referenced.

Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2024

Hi there @Kieran Donnelly ! We have just opened up a Early Access Program for Live-edit pages in Confluence. You can learn more and sign up here! I expect this is more similar to what you are looking for! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events