is possible to write a user macro to repeat table/fixed number of column headers& rows inside a page

Manjunatha K R May 11, 2017

Hi,

is it possible to write a user macro or any add-on supports to repeat table of fixed number of columns headers and fixed number rows inside a confluence page.

with this I should able to use { <macro tittle> , to repeat my fixed table format in multiple places, wherever I add requirements in my page and will add the contents into it accordingly.

Please let me know is it achiveable by writing user macros or any add-ons supporting this feature?

- Manju

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2017

Not sure of your use model, but I will give you some suggestions. First, I don't know of anyway to do exactly what you want with a user macro or plugin -- all models I see take some input, then render content on page display. I haven't seen any that would basically replicate keystroke entry, and would operate fire-once.

But here are some suggestions that might work, depending on your use mode.

1. If this a conisistent syle of report, create a page template with blank formatted tables. Then you would only need to add data.
  2. Create the table in Excel, the cut and paste each time. Of course, formatting would be lost, such as header colors, AND it adds <col> tags which inhibit sorting.
  3. Install the source editor. Then you could create a blank table with whatever standard fields and formatting you want. Then copy out the table code (from source view) to a text file. You can then paste it as many times into as many pages as you want.
  4. Write user macro that buildes a table as you want, based on the input of a comma deliminated set of values. It would only render the table on page display, but not while editing. However, you can construct the table how you want, with formatting set to the cell level (extra credit, just uses class statements, and do the styling with CSS). You can package a user macro as a plugin if you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events