inserting google into search confluence cloud

Hi Guys, 

I'm helping a client setup a basic confluence site and they have asked about embedding some HTML. It seems very easy in a server based installation, but more problematic in a cloud version. 

Specifically, they are after two a google search box (that searched the internet not the confluence site).

I downloaded an add-in that enable embedding html. Is that the best way to do this given these guys are a cloud instance?

I'm also struggling to find the right code that will allow a google search. Can't believe it's not plastered everywhere!

Assistance would be appreciated. 

1 answer

Hi Damian,

I've just had a go and have got a search box working using the HTML macro included in our add-on, Macro Toolbox for Cloud (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1215202). I've tested it in Chrome/IE11, attached the code I used and a screenshot of how it looks.

Let me know how you go, happy to help with any issues smile

<form method="get" class="aui" action="https://www.google.com/search" target="_blank">
    <input class="text long-field" type="text" name="q" placeholder="Enter your Google search">
    <button type="submit" class="aui-button aui-button-primary">Search</Button>
</form>

google-search-example.png

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,894 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you