#include not working?

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

I tried to add the following line to my Main Layout template:

#include("/confluence/includes/test-include.txt")

I checked that the file exists, that the path is correct, and that the contents are innocuous, but I still get the error:

Error occurred during template rendering: Cannot process content resource. Contact your administrator for assistance.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2012

If you're doing this for an updated theme, why not just create a plugin -- it is surely a simpler workaround.

Also, I'd say that it's bad practice to add your own files to the installation directory -- means that upgrade is slightly harder.

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2012

Agreed. I havent created a plugin yet, so maybe now is a good time to do so. Thanks!

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2012

If this is a plugin, ensure that the file is found at resources/confluence/includes/test-include.txt within your plugin.

You could also try #parse("/confluence/includes/test-include.txt") instead, but that's likely to fail too if you don't get the path correct.

If you're doing stuff directly in the Confluence installation directory, first of all, don't as it will cause you pain on upgrade, secondly, where are you adding the file?

See:

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2012

It's not a plugin. I am trying to do an include from the Main Layout decorator in one of my spaces.

I added the file here: C:\confluence\confluence-3.5.9-std\confluence\includes

I've read the Velocity docs, but also found this bug:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22849

This basically says that include does not work in the admin area. The problem with the suggested fix in that bug is that to use the patch you need to compile from the source and then redeploy Confluence, which is basically over my head at this point.

I thought it might be a pathing issue, but I've used absolute paths as well and still get the error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events