include Readme.md from Bitbucket into Confluence

Inke Kolb January 19, 2018

Hi there, 

I wonder if I could include the Readme.md files from bitbucket into my documentation page in confluence.  I tried the include macro, but the file couldn't be rendered. Is there a way to do it?

Inke

4 answers

7 votes
Felipe Rodrigues July 14, 2020

I would love to have this. Confluence is the right place for this to exist, at least to co-exist with my documentation and allow me to see past versions of the read.me and compare.

2 votes
Clara June Nicolay July 24, 2019

Hi Inke,

Did you ever get this working? I'm looking to do the same thing.

1 vote
binbin.tang June 11, 2020

Same question, could it be a feature request?

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Hi Inke! Would the Code Block macro work for you? It allows you to display source code in your page with syntax highlighting, and it's available for Cloud and Server.

Let us know if you have questions!

Cheers,

Ana

Meanwhile, I chose the HTML Include macro, but it included only the bitbucket login page although I am already logged in. 

Hi Ana, thank you for the quick answer. The Code Block macro won't work because I want to link to a file in bitbucket rather than inserting fix code snippets. 

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

I see, I misunderstood your request. However, the HTML Include macro won't work in your case as the Bitbucket page will require authentication (I assume you don't want to make the repo public?)

Regards,

Ana 

Like Celine Hau likes this
Ancy Baby August 4, 2021

Hi..is there an app for embedding readme file into confluence page and automatically gets updated in confiuence while there is a change in git??

Like # people like this
Celine Hau September 27, 2021

@Ana Retamal is this already a feature request? how can someone add this raise this as an official feature request

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events