importing CAD file formats into Confluence Cloud pages

Steve Hastings November 13, 2018

Hi there,

Has anyone come across a method of importing CAD (drafting) files into Confluence (Cloud) pages? The file format is normally .DWG or .DXF . I can drag and drop them into a page at present of course but can't view them...as one can do with PDFs, Word, Excel etc.

Thank you for any ideas! Kind Rgds, Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2018

Hi, Steve.

Currently, confluence does not support DWG  an DXF image file format. We do have a feature request opened on our end to Support DWG and DXF file format in Confluence which you can access here:

I did some testing by converting DWG/DXF file format to pdf and upload it to the page, we able to view the file.

Kind Regard
Suren Raj

Magnus Rode January 8, 2019

Do we really need to upload dwg to Confluence? Maybe some other storing locations may be appropriate also but Confluence should be able to preview the files. Also for annotations (which would be cool in Confluence) there are some web based solutions out there. Only the integration is missing.

As an idea: we created a social CAD block library based on Confluence. If you click on the preview image of the dwg (or maybe other supported file formats in the future) you can insert the CAD block in your active AutoCAD. If you would like to use this solution please contact me. Maybe we could create an official Confluence add-in from this.

M.rode@calanbau.de 

@MagnusRode

Like # people like this
Steve Hastings January 8, 2019

Hi Magnus, thank you very much for your thoughts on this! Good stuff. I'll discuss with the team the add-in idea you raised. Best Rgds, Steve

Like Magnus Rode likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events