import word doc not visible in sidebar

Jenny Thompson May 28, 2019

When I import a word document into our confluence cloud application, the document does not show in the sidebar. I have to go to space settings and content tools - reorder pages where it can be seen at the bottom of the list, I can move it and it will then show in the sidebar.  Is there a setting I need to change so I can view the imported document in the sidebar as soon as it is imported?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2019

Hello Jenny,

Thank you for letting us know about this. I am testing this on my own Cloud instance, but I am not able to replicate the behavior. In my case, when I upload the document, it does go to the bottom of the page tree list, but still displayed on the left-hand sidebar.

When you say that you go to Content Tools and see it at the bottom of the page list, it makes me think that maybe it hasn't been indexed properly after you upload it.

Can you confirm that when scrolling all the way to the bottom of the sidebar you still do not see it? If you were to upload the page but not reorder the pages, can you tell me about how long after it appears in your sidebar? This would verify if it's an indexing issue. I would upload a document as a test to verify that.

Otherwise, the page might end up in Orphaned Pages in your Content Tools. This was not the case for me, but can you check that it didn't end up there?

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Noah_Patterson September 27, 2019

I am also seeing this problem. They show up in "Recently Updated Pages" but are not visible anywhere in the left sidebar. Also not in Orphaned Pages. What's the solution?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hello Noah,

There has been a bug reported below for this issue:

• CONFCLOUD-65741 Imported word document doesn't show up in the page tree in left sidebar

If you navigate to the Reorder Pages section in your Space Settings, are you able to find the missing page and move it in the page tree? 

Regards,

Shannon

Andrew Lawrence May 18, 2020

This happened to me too. I was able to see the file in Reorder Pages and moved it into a different folder, at which point it became visible.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2020

Hi @Andrew Lawrence,

Thank you for letting us know how you were able to solve the issue on your site!

Hopefully, it can help others too.

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events