import from word losing nested table structure?

Alex Bernardin August 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Import a Word Document into Confluence

It appears that when importing from Word, a table within a table is mis-interpreted, resulting in a broken table structure. Anyone know a programmatic workaround for this?

For context, I'm trying to use an import/export to split a large confluence page into multiple pages without doing 59 copy/paste actions. My page-to-be-split has many small tables, many of which have one table nested inside.

The export to word seems to work fine- word shows the nested tables as they should be.

When I do the import from word into confluence, any table with a nested one has its structure broken - looking at the source view, it looks like the nested table isn't getting an opening 'table' tag, so it's just TH, TR, and TD, which leads to bad rendering.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Bernardin August 11, 2016

After hours more digging, I found that there is a free plugin for importing files into Confluence:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.pandocconnect/cloud/overview

That add-on maintains the nested table structure correctly, though it drops some of the 'class' attributes, so the header columns that were in the original HTML are no longer colored correctly. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events