if i use the "Insert JIRA Issue/Filter" will it update as more issues is created within criteria ?

Joakim Wöntner April 2, 2023

if i use the "Insert JIRA Issue/Filter" will it update as more issues is created within criteria ?
cause I want to create a certain list that I send to my publisher that does not get updated if we add more issues..

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Furqan shah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2023

Yes, if you use the "Insert JIRA Issue/Filter" feature, it will update as more issues are created within the criteria you have set. This feature is designed to dynamically retrieve data from JIRA based on a specific set of search criteria, such as project, issue type, status, assignee, and other parameters. The resulting data is displayed in a table format, and any changes to the JIRA issues that meet the search criteria will be automatically reflected in the table. This means that if you create new JIRA issues that meet the search criteria, they will be added to the table and displayed alongside the existing issues.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

Hi @Joakim Wöntner ,

your filter will retrieve issues based on your criteria in realtime, so yes result will be updated in the future if you will add tickets that match your filter criteria.

if you want a static result please consider the option to use a filter based on issuekey. Something like the following :

issuekey in ("ABC-1","ABC-2")

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Joakim Wöntner April 2, 2023

Thanks, I did some tests and realized that this was the way. 
what I did was that I did the filter then I copied the result, deleted the macro. and then copied back the copy paste from before which created a table with a list "frozen in time"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events