Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iFrame - webpage too big

Alexandra Huang November 14, 2017

How can I embed another site using iFrame but scale it so that it isn't as large in the iFrame box? The site is way too zoomed in... I have the page in a left column that can only be as wide as 400 so I'd like for the webpage within it to scale down at least 50%

I'm thinking I can enter something into "CSS Styles" box but I haven't a clue what to enter there.

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hi Alexandra,

You could try setting a specific width and height to your iframe, and then apply a scale transformation to it. 

For example:

<iframe width="XXX" height="XXX" src="http://www.atlassian.com" style="-webkit-transform:scale(0.5);-moz-transform-scale(0.5);"></iframe>

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Alexandra Huang November 15, 2017

Hey Shannon, thanks for helping! I tried entering your script into the "styles" box and it gave me the result as shown in picture '2' 

Picture 1 is what I was able to configure just entering 100% width and 640px Height.

Picture 2 is 100% width and 640px and <iframe style="-webkit-transform:scale(0.5);-moz-transform-scale(0.5);"></iframe>

Picture 3 is what I would like it to look like instead.

Untitled.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

Hi Alexandra,

I used the HTML macro specifically and I tested with this code:

<iframe width="800" height="600" src="http://www.atlassian.com" style="-webkit-transform:scale(0.5);-moz-transform-scale(0.5);"></iframe>

Now my page looks like this:

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 5.46.11 PM.png

So with this, it shows the entire span of the webpage in miniature form. I think the only difference is I am putting pixels measurement for both height and width, so perhaps you can try that if you like the results I got?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Alexandra Huang November 15, 2017

Hmm... the only HTML macro I have is 'HTML comment' and when I enter your code there, it returns a blank section?

Capture.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2017

Hi Alexandra,

Have a look at how to include iframe in Confluence since you will need to activate the HTML macro modules:

1. Login as your Confluence Admin, go to manage add-ons
  2. Enable all the modules of the Confluence HTML Macros

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Alexandra Huang November 16, 2017

Ah, thank you for letting me know. I may have to contact my admins, as I do not have the permissions I think.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2017

No worries, but I think you could do the same thing in the add-on you were using. I just used this one because it's the only one I have.

The difference was that I set the pixel sizes for both height and width where you had previously only set the height and set width to 100%.

You could try that and if it doesn't work you can see if your admin will enable HTML macros for you.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events