i have wiki website in my own server i want to move or migrate it to confluence cloud

Mahmoud Aboghadeer October 23, 2020

Dear support,

Can you help me to migrate wiki (php website of wiki ) to confluence cloud ???

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2020

The community can probably help you "migrate wiki (php website of wiki )" to Confluence, but you'll need to explain what a "php website of wiki" is to start with.

There are plenty of converters and importers, so you are probably going to find this quite easy!

Mahmoud Aboghadeer October 24, 2020

i have wiki website is written  by PHP and using  mysql DB , i want to migrate it to confluence cloud  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2020

Repeating the statement does not really answer the question.  We can't tell you anything more because you have not told us anything new here.

I coudl take a guess - you have written your own wiki software and now want to move the content.  You'll need to write code that can convert the data from your format into something Confluence can read.

Mahmoud Aboghadeer October 25, 2020

yes i want to move content of my wiki to confluence ,

can you help me to do this  or there is any tools  can do this ???

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2020

There might be some tools that can help, but "wiki in php" tells us nothing that might help us identify any tool that might help.

i have website like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page 

,i want to move it to Confluence cloud can you help me ??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2020

Possibly.  I can't tell you until you tell us what "wiki in php" means.  Is it something you wrote?  Is it something someone is running for you?  What is it?

"wiki in php" this means that i have website is written with "PHP" programming language    

and now

i have website like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page 

,i want to move it to Confluence cloud can you help me ??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2020

I cannot help you if you will not tell me what the system is.

Is it something you wrote? 

Is it something someone is running for you? 

What is it?

It's no good telling me "wiki in php" or "like wikipedia".  What is the system?

yes something i wrote on my own server ,i have the content of it

"

it's website consist of HTML files ,CSS , .php files ,images is similar as  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page  

and i use to run it apache httpd web server , mysql DB inside Centos server 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2020

So nothing like wikipedia then.

You will need to write something that can read through your content, convert it to a format Confluence can use and import it.

A word document per page might do it, if you're happy to slog through each word doc and use "import from word" for each one.

But I'd be looking to poke the data into Confluence over the REST API probably using the "content -> create content" call for most of it.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2020

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events