{html} not working on page

minesh patel June 8, 2015

Hello,

I currently running confluence version 4.3.7. I am trying to use the

{html}

marco. I have installed the Conluence HTML Macro and enable at the modules. However, it does work. It gives me an error message – "The macro 'html' is unknown. It may have been removed from the system."

Does any one know why this is happening?? Is there a solution for this problem??

Please, email me at minesh@ucf.edu. Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Fritz Madden September 1, 2015

I went to my plugin list and searched for HTML, which yielded 0 results.  The macro isn't installed or enabled.  I'm not sure what to do, and the documentation says it should be installed but disabled.  Any hints?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2015

It's not an add-on in its own right, it's part of one of the core formatting add-ons. You'll need to open up the system add-ons and look for the modules that are disabled by default

Fritz Madden September 2, 2015

Thanks Nic! However, I searched for HTML and found nothing but Atlassian XHTML which looks to be something different, and also looked through almost all of the Add-ons categorized as System add-ons. I can't seem to find it. Any idea what it's called or what I should search for?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2015

Can't remember, but I know a ctrl-f search in the browser will find the addon with either Core, Html or Format

Well everything that comes up when searching for Core is enabled. Only one Altassian HTML comes up when searching for html, and Adaptavist Content Formatting Macros is the only one that comes up while searching for Format that has some disabled items but none of those are "html".

Sorry that was Atlassian XHTML and it says "This add-on has no modules"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2015

Atlassian HTML macros sounds like the one.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2015

The html macros are generally disabled as a security risk.

Start by going to the list of plugins you have installed and find the one that provides the html macro.  I suspect you'll find it is disabled - try enabling it.  If that does not work, it should then give you an error telling you why it can't enable it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events