howto customize Atlassian Companion MSI

Volker Tarrach September 26, 2018

Hello,

I need to edit the configuration of the MSI file, please let me know how it works.

The trusted side should be in the config file, so the user does not need to enter information after the MSI is distributed

2 answers

0 votes
Stefan_Tolksdorf November 13, 2018

I´m also interested in this topic. Any news?

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

Hi Volker,

What configuration are you trying to modify exactly on the MSI file? Can you let me know what information you are referring to that the user would need to enter?

Please elaborate on exactly what you're trying to do so we can help you.

Regards,

Shannon

Volker Tarrach October 3, 2018

Hi Shannon,

I'd like to distribute the trusted configuration for our Confluence website. If I distribute the MSI file the user must setup the trusted side configuration. For best user experience this configuration should be done from Admin site.

Regards,

Volker

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

It's been a lifetime since I used this, but back in my Windows administration days, I used a Microsoft utility called Orca in order to edit MSI files.  I had varying levels of success in regards to creating usable MST (transforms for MSI files).   I recall being able to apply these mst files along with the msi files that I then pushed over a group policy to several machines.   Perhaps this can be used in order to create the modifications you are looking for.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events