what's wrong and how can i uninstall it

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2011

Um, there is no "uninstall" program in Linux and removing a program is generally done with a package manager. But it depends on how you installed it.

I'm assuming you've installed "standalone" Confluence, which is a matter of

1. Stop the processes
  2. Drop the database (if you have not used the built-in hsql one, which is the default)
  3. Delete the data directory (confluence home)
  4. Delete the installation directory

If you're struggling to delete the installation directory, then you need to investigate that - read the error message it gives you and fix that problem first.

yang shuai November 19, 2011

hi, Nic i've stoped the processes and drop the database in MySQL,I forgot where the data directory is , besides when i delete the installation directory there is not error message it just no response ,and the atlassian folder icon has a lock on it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2011

Assuming you're using Nautilus as your file manager here, you'll find the lock means "you don't have permission to do this". I'd guess you've installed confluence under a different user id - you'll need to swap to that user or change permissions on the folder using a process with root access.

Forgetting where your data directory, we can't help you with - you'll need to find it (look in your home folder, or that of the user you installed it as, to begin with). If confluence was running, you could just look in system info, but if you've dropped the database, I don't think it'll start up.

yang shuai November 20, 2011

yeah finaly I used the

sudo rm -r confluence

command to delete it ,and thanks for your answers

Herman Daou April 6, 2020

sudo rm  -rf confluence-home

sudo rm -rf confluence

sudo rm -rf atlassian

Just in case you come up with permission issues.

3 votes
Remon van G November 19, 2011

If you installed confluence as a service then you need to remove the start script as well

sudo su

rm /etc/init.d/confluence

patti Bresnehen July 31, 2019

I did not but have a picture captcha that will not let me win. please help me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2019

You don't get a captcha when using a command line to issue a simple remove command on a file.  I think you need to explain what you're actually trying to do.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events