how to turn the slide attachment to a link?

Joy Saha May 24, 2021

Hi,

Just like we can add link in a word doc, I was wondering if I can turn a powerpoint slide as link? For example, in my confluence page, it will show the word "slide" but when u click on it the actual slides will open in a window. Please lmk if this can be achieved.

Thanks!

J

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2021

Hello Joy,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you. 

It's not possible right now to link text to an attachment in Confluence, but it's on our short-term roadmap. Follow the case below for updates on when we release that feature!

You can check the Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap for further information. Review this table for an alternative method.

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any additional questions about that.

Take care,

Shannon

Joy Saha May 26, 2021

Thanks for getting back to me Shannon! I wanted to share 2 screenshots of confluence, where I saw this was done....please review and lmk if I can do something similar.

In the first shot, please see the word POSTER (which contains the link to the power point). When I click on poster the actual power point (in the 2nd screenshot) pops up in a new window...this is being done in confluence by a different group at my institution. Please lmk if you can help to be able to do this ...

Thanks!

Jconfluence-page0001.jpg

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2021

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your reply. If you take a look at the page I referred to you, Insert Links, there's a table that suggests the following:

Link to a page’s attachment

Doing this through the link tool is coming soon. In the meanwhile, you can use this process to accomplish your goal.

1. Go to the published version of the page containing the attachment to which you want to link.

2. Go to More ••• > Attachments.

3. Right-click on the file name of the attachment, and select Copy Link Address.

4. Go to and edit the page where you want to link to the attachment.

5. Paste the URL in the link tool pop-up, and give it a more friendly name if desired.

Note that if you use the example above, by right-clicking the attachment's name, that gives you a downloadable link. To display the attachment in a preview, you'll need to copy the preview link. I created a video below to show you how I did that:

2021-05-27 13.35.27.gif

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any trouble.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events