Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to sort

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

I would like to sort the table like your description page's picture.

Could you tell me a procedure how to do it ?

2 answers

0 votes
吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

I didn't know this is special app.

Is it deferent from yours the way of sorting?

Do you know how to treat mine?

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2018

These icons come from Table Filter and Charts app. This app doesn't change the way of sorting. But Table Filter macro can be used to set default sorting order and it enables tables (that are inside the macro) sorting in the editor (with Ctrl+Click).

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2018

@Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ - thanks for stepping in - unfortunately I don't know your app

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2018

Thomas, if you are interested in this app, you can play with it here.

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

Thank you for your kindness, Tomas.

It was helpful for me.

I'm gonna ask continuation to Andrew :)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2018

You're welcome, @吉野咲耶

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

Thank you for your stepping in, Andrew.

Could you tell me details more?

Ctrl+Click...?

Do I need to remove a sell of A for sorting "○"?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2018

Yes, you need to remove cell A to be able to sort by columns B, C and D.

When you need sort a table in page view mode, you just click some cell in the table header row. If you need to sort a table while editing some page, you need to wrap this table with Table Filter macro and then Ctrl+click cells in table header row. Ctrl+click is used instead of just a click because click is used to place cursor inside a cell.

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

I gonna try that way.

After clicking, do I need something to do?

Or just click is enough for sorting?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2018

Just click to sort.

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

Okey!

Will it appear sorting mark (▽△) after remove the sell of A?

You mean I need to click the sorting mark?

(It was not appearing with sell of A.

Sorry, I can’t use confluence because I’m home now...I can use it only in my Company...)

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2018

Yes, arrow-icons should appear after removing the cell. You can click a cell at any point to sort, not not only arrows.

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

Hmm...I can click a cell at any point to sort, not not only arrows...?
Sorry, I couldn’t understand that...

If I wanna see only ‘〇‘in the column of B, how should I do...?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2018

If you want to see only 'O', then you need to filter the table using Table Filter macro. You can watch these videos to get the idea of working with Table Filter macro.

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

Wow amazing!
I’m gonna try that way next Monday in my company.

I feel I can do it.

Thank you sooo much, Andrey!

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2018

You are welcome!

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2018

What do you mean by "description page's picture"?

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

Thank you for your quick response!

I meant it like the picture of below.

I would like to use the filter for narrowing down information in the column.

IMG_8946.PNG

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2018

This kind of filter is standard in every Confluence table. 

It appears, if your table has column headers and the table cells are not merged.

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

I see.

If it merged, it couldn't be sorted ?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2018

No, then the sorting is disabled completely for the whole table

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

I see...

How about the type of bellow?

IMG_8947.JPG

Shold I cancel merging of A?

e.g.) When I would like to sort " ○" from a column of C.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2018

Yes, if you want to sort this table, you have to remove the line A and define the line with the cells B C and D as the header of the table.

吉野咲耶 April 6, 2018

Thank you!

I'm gonna try that way!

And after that, should I use this icon?

And then should I chose "drop down filter" ?

IMG_8948.PNG

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2018

Oh, you have a special table app installed? This is not the standard Confluence table editor.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2018

Have you tried saving the page? That's the last thing you would have to do with regular Confluence table functionality

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events