It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to show jira reports to users with only confluence access?

I have a report generated from jira, and i have linked it to confluence, however i want to show it to people who don't have access to JIRA in my org. is that possible?

2 answers

0 votes
GuiVianaBR Atlassian Team Oct 06, 2015

Hey Sam,

You can add a restriction to view in the page just for the jira-users group.

Hope this will help you :smile:.

Hi, 

Can you please elaborate the steps. I have the same requirement. 

Ratna

0 votes
Steven_Behnke Community Leader Oct 07, 2015

When you use Application Links to link JIRA and Confluence, the user-accounts and user-permissions between the applications are synchronized. If you have permission to see it in JIRA, you will have permission to see it from JIRA, within Confluence.

It sounds like you have some people licensed as JIRA-only users and some users licensed as Confluence-only users. Unfortunately, if they do not have access to JIRA, they cannot pull live reports in Confluence FROM JIRA, unless it's publicly accessible. 

Can you specify what reports you are trying to use? I might be able to be more definitive. 

List of some specific issues and their progress. I do not want them to view the entire list of issues in the project. Just the issues that are currently worked on, for which I use a JQL to query

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

276 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you