Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to replace user names in after confluence space migration

eeshwar January 2, 2019

i migrate confluence A space X to Confluence B space  X  here that space takes confluence A users  but i want replace user in confluence B users  how can  do?   

here Confluence A is abc AD and Confluence B is def AD   both have same users but  usernames are abc AD   ex: abc.def    and def AD  def.abc   

this is the problem 

2 answers

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2019

You should be able to change them in the user management section?

Or if you have a lot of users using the REST API (Did that with Postman in Batch Mode once).

Last and least recommended to do it in the database.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2019

Hi @eeshwar,

Are you using xml to do the migration? Then you can edit the xml and replace the old user names with the new ones.

If you do not want to edit the xml, you can change user-names in the old confluence(or if you still need that with the old user names, set up a third instance, Do there an import with the old user names, change them on confluence to the new ones, export again and import in new confluence .

eeshwar January 6, 2019

Hi @Bastian Stehmann,

All are in active directory users ,I installed third instance also but how can I change user names

Kasper Hedegaard November 18, 2020

@Bastian Stehmann - I have the same issue, where old users of the Confluence A space X are still set as author of documents etc. of the Confluence B space X. The users from Confluence A are listed as (unlicensed) in Confluence B.

I've migrated via the XML.

What do I need to change in the XML? I assume it's in the "entities"?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2020

Hi @Kasper Hedegaard ,

Yes, it is in the entities.xml. you'll have to search and replace the old username with the new username and afterwards you can try to import it, but modifying this file can cause errors on import. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events