how to remove table row?

Glenn Kowalski May 12, 2018

I can see how to add table rows via a key combination but how do I delete/remove them?

8 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Tomasz Tokarczuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2018

Hi Glenn

I believe it would be Ctrl+Shift+x for Windows/Linux or Cmd+Shift+X for Mac. 

You can find more useful shortcuts at Tables Documentation Page

I hope it helps

Tom

4 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2020

Hi guys!

Recently we've found a lot of questions related to Confluence tables. So we decided to make a short video tutorial. Hope it will be helpful.

https://youtu.be/EV8uNE7utXk

Monica Bowen July 16, 2021

Thank you. The fact that so many people have questions shows that the UX is bad.

Like Tony Bolstad likes this
Mahdi Jaber
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2022

Thank You

1 vote
Shainesh Chandra April 11, 2019

In edit mode on the page, click on the row you want to delete. 

An option to "remove row" will become visible under the top menu. 

Monica Bowen July 16, 2021

I wonder if this is for an older version of Confluence, because I don't see this option.

Wade Kearley August 17, 2022

I dont see that either. But I did find one tip that helps and that is to select the column and an X appears with a mouse over that reads Delete Column. Click that and presto the pesky column is gone.

0 votes
Nithin Sai K J January 19, 2023

Such a simple thing and it is soo unintuitive.

As of Jan-2023, just click on (in) the row you want to delete and these options appear on the top left tools bar.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 225530.png

and then click on the third button.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 230054.png

ATB

0 votes
JOSHUA Richardson November 28, 2022

FYI, I had to "split cells" before the delete button would show, or the shortcut would work.  I was then able to delete the row and remerge cells.

0 votes
Jim Howell November 10, 2021

Confluence is such an unnecessary product and the editor is unbelievably bad. Why am I googling HOW TO DELETE A ROW FROM A TABLE?

Why does every company I work at have to use this absolute garbage product?

Christine Campbell December 7, 2021

LOL! I was googling it too, until someone overheard me laugh at your comment. She knew how to do it.

You select the row, then a "X" appears. Click on the "X" to delete the row. Hardly intuitive unless someone shows you!!

0 votes
Sindhu Bardipur June 11, 2019

Hello Glenn,

I would suggest you the following application with which we can edit,delete/move rows/columns in Confluence easily. it is available in Atlassian Marketplace.

inline-table-editing

Note: This app was developed by the form i work for called Actonic.

Hope it helps!

Sindhu

0 votes
Glenn Kowalski May 14, 2018

Thanks I found there is a button to delete the rows, it is just not very obvious.

Paul Burdett January 2, 2019

Where is the button? I used Tomasz short key.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events