how to remove standalone synchrony service?

Dylan Kao April 19, 2019

Hi,

I follow the tip as below to create a standalone synchrony service on CentOS. but i don't wanna use it anymore. is there any best way to remove it or disable it? thanks.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/run-synchrony-standalone-as-a-service-on-linux-933081078.html

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Hello Dylan,

To disable synchrony from your Confluence instance you have two options, first is a REST API call and second is a Python script. Here are both the options for you:

import requests

def main():
   session = requests.session()

session.auth = ('admin', 'password')

headers = {'X-Atlassian-Token': 'no-check'}

resp = session.post('https://your.confluence.url/rest/synchrony-interop/disable',
           headers=headers)
   print(resp)
   print(resp.content)

main()

Source documentation: How to disable Collaborative Editing in Confluence if it cannot be disabled through the UI

These options should allow you to disable this service within Confluence.

I hope this helps you accomplish the goal you have.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Dylan Kao April 23, 2019

Hi Stephen,

sorry for mistake,

Actually, we have two synchrony process in the same instance. I need disable which I manually set by the kb as below link. I need the collaborative editing works with bundle service. thank you!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/run-synchrony-standalone-as-a-service-on-linux-933081078.html

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

Hello Dylan,

Thank you for the clarification on what is deployed within your environment. The best method to remove this would be to reverse any changes made within the listed procedure. You will need to revert or remote any edits made from steps 4 through  11. Majority of the changes will take place within step 7 when you remove any mention of your Confluence instance you have it configured for. Along with ensuring the service is disable and/or removed.

To better assist with this, there is a guide with will help when migrating from the standalone to a managed service. This guide may be found at Migrate from a standalone Synchrony cluster to managed Synchrony. The steps within this guide are as follows:

To switch from managing your own Synchrony cluster to letting Confluence manage Synchrony:

1. Configure your load balancer to direct traffic away from all Confluence and Synchrony nodes.
  2. Stop Confluence and Synchrony on all nodes.
  3. Start Confluence on one node without the synchrony.service.url system property. This property tells Confluence where to find your external Synchrony cluster.Show me how to do this...
  4. In Confluence, edit a page and check that you can successfully make changes.
  5. Repeat this process on each Confluence node, starting each node one at a time.

Additional items will be listed within the document as well.

I hope this proves helpful in removing your standalone service for Synchrony.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events