how to provide video content only to authenticated users using SSO authentication

Ambar Patil September 27, 2017

Confluence version : 5.10.4

We have to play video on client side, which are stored on one server.
I am using iframe  to play videos. Actual requirement is that, 

We are going to embed video content from one server to some other servers.

For that we have to use iframe or any other way to play video, but only those people can play video who have permissions for video. For this we need to implement SSO authentication, so that only verified/permitted user can play video.

I am totally new to SSO authentication, can any one please suggest me how I can deal with this.

How I can use SSO authentication to play video?

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Hi Ambar, 

So I'm not sure if you want to implement SSO *only* for this purpose, but if it's the case I don't think it would be necessary. 

What's for sure it's that you can't tight the fact that a video is playing to a user logged via SSO. 

I don't exactly know your usecase, but I will assume that all your user are licensed and only some of them need to see the video. 

The first, simple and free solution is that you can place the videos on some pages that are restricted to few users thanks to permissions. 

The second solution if you actually want all the users to access the same pages, but only few of them can see the videos, I would recommand this add-on

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events