Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to login into Confluence App on Android device

Harvey Kennard March 23, 2021

confluence.jpg

Every time upon trying to log into the confluence App on either my phone or Tablet it comes up with the above, can you please advise what the issue is?

I've made sure I've got network connection on both of them, tried on both Wi-Fi and mobile network

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

@Harvey Kennard Welcome to community.

Which app are you using?  Can you provide a link to the the app store.

Harvey Kennard March 24, 2021

@Brant Schroeder thank you!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlassian.android.confluence.core

this is the App I was trying to use to view my sheets on confluence,

I did actually manage to get my phone to log on yesterday, but don't ask me how or why as I haven't being able to get it to again since

thankyou

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

@Harvey Kennard - Is your Atlassian account tied to a google, microsoft, apple account?

Harvey Kennard March 25, 2021

Hi Brant,

no not as far as I know, I've never knowingly linked them

is there some way of checking this?

thanks again

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

@Harvey Kennard 

When you login do you sign in using an Atlassian account or do you sign in using Google, Microsoft or Apple?  

Have you tried clearing the apps cache and starting over to see if that makes a difference?

Harvey Kennard March 25, 2021

Hi Brant,

no I just login using Atlassian account

and i tried clearing app cache but it made no difference

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2021

Do you have any other mobile devices like a tablet that you could try to login on as well. Do you have any security software on your android device that could be blocking the connection?  I will escalate to Atlassian so they can look at your account as well.

Harvey Kennard March 31, 2021

I've tried on my tablet as well, but same outcome,

both are company devices and do have some security on them,

I spoke with our it person and he said it shouldn't be blocking it 

thanks very much

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

I will ping Atlassian again to see if they can take a look at your account on their end.  Do you have a device that is not a company device you could try it on?

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hello @Harvey Kennard and @Brant Schroeder ,

Thanks for all the details.   We looked into your error logs on the identity platform and we can see the errors occurring and our dev team is taking a closer look, and so far only look like a generic failure to authenticate warning.

But while we are investigating the errors are you able to log in from your device using the web browser, bypassing the confluence app, by opening the web browser of your choice and navigating to your confluence instance URL?

This will help us further narrow down if the issue is directly in the app or if there is a device or network setting blocking the connection.

I would also recommend trying from multiple browser types (i.e. Chrome and Firefox) to rule out an issue with possible browser redirect issues.

Let us know what you find.

Regards,
Earl

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

Hello @Harvey Kennard ,

Just a quick follow up on the log reviews, we can see a successful login for your user on Confluence android on the 23rd with the device ID tied to the errors, which looks like a successful session connection and authentication, but you were still encountering the errors up to the 31'st so it appears an initial login was successful but follow up connections are failing.

At this point, we are waiting to hear back about the login attempt directly from your mobile browser to look into this more.

But one additional thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the app, to flush out previous sessions and connections, on the device to see if there is possibly an installation error with the app that is causing the continued login error.

Regards,
Earl

Harvey Kennard May 6, 2021

Hi Earl,

i have continued trying but to no avail

i got it to log on that once but not since

the device does have a VPN on it as its a company device could this have anything to do with it?

thanks

Harvey Kennard September 1, 2021

Hi @Earl McCutcheon 

just wondering if you have had any more suggestions on this?

tried unistalling - reinstalling etc,

but no luck

thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events