how to list Confluence Pages\Content by Status

Stefano Bigi November 28, 2018

Hi. In Confluence we use pages and each page has a Status (created with the Status Macro).

How can I create a table with all the pages of the project with their status?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

Hi Stefano,

I think the Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros may help you. The Page Properties Report macro creates a table containing information from pages with the Page Properties macros. Information is accumulated by page labels.

You also may be interested in the Handy Status macro (one of the Handy Macros app). It adds labels for the pages containing statuses automatically. The statuses in the app are dynamic. You can create your own sets and change statuses in the page view mode.

Stefano Bigi November 28, 2018

Thanks a lot Natalie, the first solution works !

(the Handy Macro apps need unfortunately to be installed on a server, while I'm working on the cloud)

Un more bit of request. How to edit the produced report table, to insert notes directly on the table, and not page by page .. 

Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

As far as I know, the Page Properties Report macro just displays data. It doesn't let you change data in pages that contain the Page Properties macros.

3 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2023

If you are open to a more professional content status management and reporting solution, you can also give Better Content Archiving for Confluence a try.

It comes with many default Confluence page statuses that fit your document management workflow and update automatically based on sophisticated rules. There is also a status list macro and a Content Status Overview that lets you list and find Confluence pages by status:

01-content-status-overview-cloud.png

Using the content status list macro:

better-content-archiving-content-status-list-macro.png

(Note that Better Content Archiving is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

2 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2022

Hello @Stefano Bigi ,

At the moment, Handy Macros for Confluence is available for any hosting, including Cloud. You can change the Handy Status value in the page view mode in the Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros. The values are updated across pages automatically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events