Did you mean: 

how to install confluence on raspberry pi

Alan Peterson May 6, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2016

Basically you can't as the Pi doesn't have enough main memory for the current version. I did try with an older version and it installed and started to come up, but again, the Pi is hobbled by having so little memory.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2016

It works, just, on a Pi2 B+ and the instructions are:

1. Install something like Dietpi so the OS is utterly minimal
  2. Use an external USB drive
  3. Install Confluence as per instructions for a Debian based system (Assuming you used Dietpi)
  4. Before the bit where you first run it, edit setenv.sh, lowering the maximum memory to fit within what you have left after the OS takes up some of the memory
  5. Educate your users that it's going to be painfully s l o o o o o w....  Especially if there's more than 3 of you.
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2016

Have you got it to work? When I did it, it was sooooooo slooooow that is was unusable. And the newer versions of Confluence want 2G+ min.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2016

Work - technically yes.  Usable - pfff wink

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2016

Funny. That was why I went with a BRIX to have a local testing server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2016

Yeah, I scrubbed it, it just wasn't fast enough to be usable.

0 votes
Robert Ortner May 6, 2016

wink

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events