Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hide this page for anonymous user on ZEN ?

lily56 March 18, 2013

I use ZEN foundation design my website, I don't want anonymous user see this page which URL is "http://localhost:8090/dashboard.action" ,How to configure?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2013

That's a limitation for Confluence . . . there's not a way to block users from typing in URLs to get to areas that aren't restricted.

I have seen customers configure an Apache server in front of Confluence to do this kind of thing, but it's rather complex and unfortunately we can't offer any advice on this.

lily56 March 20, 2013

thanks Duke!

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

Be sure to select the "Toolbar" panel, and scroll down to find the option:

lily56 March 19, 2013

I uncheck this box, but anonymous input URL:http://localhost:8090/dashboard.action, they can see dashboard

0 votes
lily56 March 18, 2013

I don‘t find "Show Dashboard Link To Regular Users" in the Toolbar panel in the Brand Designer, Can you provide a screenshopt?

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

Be sure to select the "Toolbar" panel, and scroll down to find the option:

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

Zen is designed to not show the dashboard to anyone but admin users. However, you must set the Confluence Site Homepage (on the Admin Console) to your preferred landing space, which is the "new" home page for the site (this can be any space that's visible to all users). Then visitors will land on that space, and the dashboard link (under Zen's toolbar menu) won't be available to non-admins. (There is a checkbox called "Show Dashboard Link To Regular Users" in the Toolbar panel in the Brand Designer if you want regular users to see this link.)

Also, you might want to set Zen as the site-wide theme (in the Confluence Admin Console) so that the dashboard, login panels, search results, and elsewhere are styled by Zen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events