• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to give orphaned pages a parent

We have some orphaned pages that I would like to re-associate with the space that they reside in.  Also any new pages that get created are being created as orphaned pages in this space.  

2 answers

1 vote
Peter Bengov Community Leader Dec 04, 2014

Tools > Move

Start typing the name of the parent inside New parent page

You can also find and parent orphan pages by going to the Reorder Pages function in Space Tools.  Simply drag each orphan to its new place in the hierarchy.  Orphans appear as top-level pages along with the space's home page.

By default, new pages are parented to the page users were on when they choose Create.  The most common case where I've seen people create unparented pages is when they don't go to a space where they can add a page before choosing Create – if users typically choose Create from the Dashboard, for example, and then choose the target space in the resulting dialog, then they can easily create orphans.  I don't know a way out of that, other than user education and rescuing orphans by hand. Ideally, users are trained to go to the page that should contain their information before choosing Create.

I am in the space where I want to create a new page. And yet, any new page I create becomes a new orphan.

I also cannot reorder pages in this space.

This behavior is unique to one space only. When I go to this space, the typical options for editing, sharing, etc. on the top right hand of the page are not showing. I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks for ideas in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 10.10.52 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

26 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you