how to get the Page Title in the PDF Export Title Page ?

John Bercik January 11, 2012

How can I get the Page Title to show up in the PDF Export Title Page please.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2012

Have you tried the code here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF#CustomisingExportstoPDF-TitlePage

If it's not working, post back with what theme you're using, and what code you've modified (either html or css).

John Bercik January 12, 2012

Thanks for the reply. I am not trying to get an image into my PDF export title page. I'm trying to get the text from my Page name into the pdf export. Thanks for any help.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2012

I thought it was this part:

fsTitle
{
font-size: 42px;
font-weight: bold;
margin: 72px 0 4px 0;
text-align:center;
}

Are you using the default theme?

Normally, if you export the page, the title is there. For example, try the PDF export for http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF. The title is there by default. Do you have a different theme, or customization to the PDF export already?

John Bercik January 15, 2012

Normally the title prints on every page I believe. We turned that off with ".pagetitle h1 { display: none; } " but do need the Page Title on the first PDF title page.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2012

Ok. Take another look at the .fsTitle style. Try adding:

display:block !important;

to it. Maybe it needs to override your display:none from pagetitle.

The title page is still not printed, my only pdf export css is:

.pagetitle h1 { display: none; }

fsTitle

{

font-size: 42px;

font-weight: bold;

margin: 72px 0 4px 0;

text-align:center;

display:block !important;

}

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2012

Sorry - the info about display:block was the wrong guess.

The HTML you enter for a page title (under 'Page Layouts) is for exporting a space only. Try this instead, or something similar:

1. Remove everything from PDF Layout (or, only what you want to have in a space PDF export)
  2. Enter something similar to this in the PDF stylesheet:
.pagetitle h1 { 
font-size: 36px !important;
margin-left: 250px !important;
padding-top: 300px !important;
page-break-after:always; 
}

That's just an example - you'll want to play with the margins a bit, but it should hopefully get you past this hurdle.

Thank you Jeremy. That fixed me up ! Have a great day.

Deleted user March 4, 2019

In a similar vein, is it possible to get the Version number of the page to show up on the title page of an exported PDF?

Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

Hi @[deleted] in our Scroll PDF Exporter we have implemented a placeholder functionality, allowing you to refer to specific data from Confluence in your exported file.

One of the placeholders that's available is the page revision, which could for example be used on your header or footer, and will then display the page revision number. You can find further information about all available placeholders in our documentation.

Please feel free to trial Scroll PDF Exporter via the Atlassian Marketplace and let us know via support@k15t.com if you have any questions.

Best,
Nils

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events