As I understand, you need to upgrade your Confluence Server version from 6.11 to 7.4.5.
The answer to your questions depends on the following details:
- What version of MySQL are you using with Confluence 6.11?
- Is this your production instance?
- Has the upgrade already been done?
- Is your instance up and running after the upgrade from 6.11 to 7.4.5?
Looking through our Supported Platforms for Confluence 7.4.x and 6.11.x we can see that there are a few differences:
If we look at the database support, for example, Confluence 6.11 does support MySQL 5.6 but Confluence 7.4 oldest supported version of MySQL is 5.7. So if you are running MySQL 5.6 you will need to update your database.
If we look at the Java support, we can see that both releases support Java 1.8. So this should be ok to go, since the only supported for Confluence 6.11 is 1.8 and nothing else. However, it is a good practice to check which version of java you are running.
We also have documentation that tackles this exact situation, Confluence version upgrade. You can take a look at it here:
Let us hear from you!
- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events