how to dockerize a Confluence instance

Michael Wallis February 6, 2017

I have a couple of Confluence instances running on some Mac Minis. I'd like to consolidate them onto one new machine using Docker. I can find Confluence instances to run, but no clear instructions on how to containerize my existing Confluence instances and run them on the new machine.

Anyone been down this rabbit hole?

As a  bonus question ==>  How do I configure nginx-proxy to properly pong at the correct container based on domain name

1 answer

1 vote
Stefan Ernst [Realigned.io]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2017

Hello Michael,

check this image for reference

https://github.com/blacklabelops/confluence

There is even a howto for a nginx reverse proxy config.

If you want to transfer an existing Confluence to Docker, you would normally copy all files from your CONFLUENCE_HOME directory to the Docker volume where the CONFLUENCE_HOME is located. I have done this even from Windows -> Linux, it is relatively simple. You can even use your existing DB configuration in confluence.cfg.xml. Just make sure you back up the volume regularly.

Also I have personally set up Confluence with a dockerized Postgres instance, but it was a fresh installation. Another Docker image connects to a plain old MSSQL server which isnt dockerized. In this case you can simply skip all db config stuff in docker and point confluence.cfg.xml to the existing server.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events