how to develop python atlassian connect addon

boddupally venki November 29, 2018

Atlasssian describe how Connect, being web-hook and REST API driven, is completely language and platform agnostic. This means that one should be able to create a Python service externally to handle the web-hooks and make API calls back to do what I need. The problem I face is the complexity of managing the JWT. There are a number of sample applications on the connect website; however these all use frameworks to handle the JWT authentication and are only in available in Javascript, Java, Haskell, etc. There is a python jwt library and this will no doubt make things easier, but a working sample Python app(similar to atlassian-connect-express) would be appreciated by a great many.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2018

Hey Boddupally,

I'm assuming you're referring to the atlassian-jwt-py python library to handle JWT tokens.

While it's not as simple as a straight Hello World, there is a publicly accessible Bitbucket repo for a project to add pull request guidelines. It's written in Python and does use Connect, so hopefully is helpful in giving some guidance.

Cheers,
Daniel

swjensen January 23, 2020

@Daniel Eads @It appears that link is no longer public. By chance do you know if it moved or have another reference to a python example?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events